iPhone X might have inspired a lot of designs for Android smartphones in 2018, but Moto P30 seems to take it to another level. Images of Moto P30 series surfaced on the Motorola China website recently and we are expected to get another iPhone X Android clone.
The leaks confirm that Motorola will launch three devices in the Moto P30 series, namely, Moto P30, P30 Note and P30 Play. Plus, the specifications are similar to that of Lenovo Z5 as it includes a 6.2-inch Full HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio, Snapdragon 636 with 6GB of RAM, and gradient design with a glass back.
Coming to the camera department, the Moto P30 is expected to feature a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size along with a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera. This will help the phone to capture depth information in portrait shots with AI support. Users will get a 12MP shooter on the front with AI beautification and face unlock.
Moto P30 rumored specifications
- Display – 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ ; 19:9 aspect ratio
- Processor – 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform
- GPU – Adreno 509
- Storage – 6GB RAM + 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Software – Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Camera – 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size,
- Front Camera – 5MP secondary rear camera; 12MP front-facing camera, f/1.8 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions – 155.8×75.9×8.9mm
- Weight – 170g
- Connectivity – 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery – 3000mAh battery with fast charging
The Moto P30 is expected to be launched in White, Black and Aurora Blue colors today, that is, 15th August. No words on pricing yet.
Motorola can still claim to have taken the design cues for Moto P30 from Lenovo’s Z5 which was introduced a couple of months ago. Lately, Motorola seems to have confused ‘inspiration’ with ‘copying’. What do you think about this design? Let us know in the comments below.