Honor tasted success in the budget price segment with its Honor 7X smartphone last year. As the competition continues to get tougher, Honor seems to have realized that the 7X needs an update. Hence, Honor 8X is probably coming soon. With model number ARE-AL00, the Honor 8X has been certified by TENAA in China.
Though the successor of the Honor 7X has been in news for some time now. TENAA certification has revealed a number of details of the Honor 8X. And the details show a huge display and a massive battery. It will sport a big 7.12 inch LCD display (with the notch, of course). And, this huge display will be powered by a 4900mAh battery. On the power front, it will be powered by an octa-core processor (which one, we don’t know yet). This processor will be clocked at 1.8GHz and will be accompanied with 4GB of RAM.
Coming to the optics, the Honor 8X will feature a dual camera system on the rear. To be more precise, it will include a 16MP main camera with a 2MP secondary camera for portrait shots. On the front, users will get an 8MP camera. Details about the sensors are still unknown. Looking at the picture, the Honor 8X seems to feature a glass back.
Honor 8X rumored specifications
- Display – 7.12-inch (2244×1080 pixels) Full HD+ with 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass
- Processor – 1.8GHz Octa-Core
- Storage – 4GB RAM + 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD
- Software – Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Rear Camera – 16MP with LED flash, 2MP secondary camera
- Front Camera – 8MP
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions – 177.57×86.24×8.13mm; Weight: 210g
- Connectivity – 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery – 5000mAh(typ) / 4900mAh (min)
Also, the Honor 8X is expected to hit the shelves early next month. It will be available in various color options like Blue, Red, and Black. No details on pricing yet.