KCET 2021 is expected to be held in the 3rd week of April 2021. The exams authority has not released the official notification for KCET Exam 2021. KCET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Test which is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority for admissions in various undergraduate courses in the colleges across the state.
As soon as the official notifications are out, we will update the exact exam schedule and other details here. Till then, the candidates can find the other details on the exam in the following sections.
Karnataka CET 2021 Exam Overview
|Examination Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Popularly Known as||Karnataka CET 2021|
|Organized by||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
|Administered by||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
|Exam Purpose||Admission in the first year of engineering, agriculture, pharmacy & various other courses.|
|Type of Exam||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Application Mode||Online (through official website)|
|Application Form Submission start date||4th week of January 2021|
|Application Correction Window starts from||March 2021|
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper-based mode in OMR pattern.|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Answering Mode||Only Blue/Black ball point pen to answer|
KCET 2021 Admission Courses
The test will be held for admissions in the following undergraduate courses:
- Engineering, Horticulture, Sericulture, Fisheries, Agri Marketing, Food Science and Technology, Dairy Technology, Home Sciences, Forestry, Unani and Ayurvedic Medicine and Pharmacy Courses etc.
- The admissions in medical and dental courses will be done on the basis of marks secured in NEET UG.
- The admissions in Architecture Courses will be done on the basis of performance in JEE Paper – 2 or NATA.
KCET 2021 Exam Dates
|Exam Event||Important Date|
|The release of KCET 2021 Official Notification||January 2021|
|Start dates for KCET 2021 Application Form||January 2021– February 2021|
|Application Fee Payment Deadline||February 2021|
|Availability of KCET 2021 Admit Card||April 2021|
|KCET 2021 Exam date||April 2021|
|The announcement of KCET 2021 Results||May 2021|
|Commencement of Counselling Process||June 2021|
KCET 2021 Application Form
The Application Forms will be released online. The forms are expected to be released in the last week of January 2021 and the form submission has to be completed by the last week of February 2021. The candidates are advised to first confirm their eligibility for the exam and only then apply for the same. Once the candidate has filled and submitted the application form, despite being ineligible for KCET 2021, he or she will not be entitled to fee refund etc.
- The application forms will be released online and all the steps are to be completed online.
- There will be no other mode of form submission for Karnataka CET 2021.
- To begin the application process, the candidates are required to log in to the official portal.
- They will find a link for “New Registration” which will take them to the online form.
- The candidates will have to fill the details such as name, gender, date of birth, address, contact information etc.
- After submitting the details, the candidates will be asked to create their online account which will be used till the result declaration and admissions via KCET 2021 Exam.
- Once the candidates have submitted the personal information, their User ID and Application Number will be sent on the Email ID or Contact Number provided by them in the previous step.
- The next step will comprise of submission of other information such as:
- Mother Tongue
- Qualifying Exam Details
- Exam Centre Choice etc.
- Then the candidates will be asked to submit the details of their academic performance in Class X and XII exams.
- The next step in form submission process for KCET 2021 will involve uploading of the scanned images of their signature, photograph, left-hand thumb impression and parent’s signature.
- The next step will require them to complete the fee remission by the mode of their choice and convenience. Once the transaction is complete, the candidates will be allotted a transaction number which should be saved till the completion of admission process.
- The KCET 2021 exam authority has not yet released the exact form fee, hence, the expected fee details have been mentioned in the next section.
- Fee Details:
- SC/ST – INR 500
- GEN/OBC – INR 650
- Candidates passing Class XII exam from any state other than Karnataka – INR 750
- The fee for KCET 2021 will be different for the candidates with NRI status which will be intimated as soon as the exam has been announced.
KCET 2021 Application Form Correction
Following we have given important points about KCET 2021 Correction procedure:
Karnataka CET 2021 Correction window is a final opportunity to make the correction in your application form. This process is conducted through online mode only.
Through this facility, the candidate can only edit limited information present in the application form of KCET 2021.
This correction facility can be used by those candidates who have successfully registered and paid application fees.
There will be no other chance for editing/correcting the Karnataka CET application form will be given to the candidates afterward.
KCET Eligibility Criteria
The candidates wishing to apply for the exam are advised to first confirm their eligibility for the same and only then fill the forms. The ineligible candidates will NOT be considered for admissions irrespective of their marks in the exam.
- The Karnataka state residents, NRI students and the migrants of J&K are eligible for the exam.
- The candidates must have attained the age of 17 years by 31st December of the year of admission. The reserved category candidates will be given an age relaxation of 3 to 4 years.
- The candidates are required to pass the Class XII exam with a minimum percentage of 50% (GEN) or 40% (OBC, SC and ST).
- The candidates that are going to take the Class XII Exam in 2021 will also be considered eligible for KCET 2021.
Now we shall mention the course-wise eligibility criteria for KCET 2021 Exam.
- The candidates must have passed Class XII exam with Math as a compulsory subject and must have obtained at least 50% marks in the same. The reserved category candidates must obtain at least 40% marks.
B.V.Sc. and A.H:
- The candidates must have taken and passed the Class XII with subject combination of PCB and English.
- The aggregate marks in these 4 subjects must be at least 50% (GEN) and 40% (reserved category) in order to be eligible for KCET 2021.
Ayurveda, Unani, Homoeopathy, Naturopathy, and Yoga:
- The candidates must have taken and passed the Class XII exam with English and PCM as the compulsory subjects.
- The minimum passing marks are 50% for General Category and 40% for the reserved category as per the eligibility norms for KCET Exam 2021.
B.H.Sc. and Sc (Agri and Forestry):
- The candidate must have taken and passed the Class XII Exam with PCB or PCM.
- The minimum pass percentage will be mentioned with the release of official notification.
- The candidates must have taken and passed the Class XII exam with the subject combination of PCM or PCB with a minimum pass percentage of 45% (GEN) or 40% (Reserved Category).
Further details on the eligibility norms will be updated once the KCET 2021 exam has been announced.
KCET Exam Pattern 2021
Exam Section: KCET 2021 will have 4 sections namely – Physics, Math, Chemistry and Kannada Language (if Applicable).
Type of Question: Every paper will have 60 MCQs which are to be answered in 80 minutes.
Marking Scheme: Every right answer will fetch ONE mark and there will be NO penalty or NEGATIVE MARKING for the wrong answers.
Marks: Hence, every section will be of 60 marks which makes the KCET 2021 of 180 marks. The Kannada language test will be of 50 marks and will have 50 MCQs. The exam duration will be 80 minutes.
- The exact exam dates and other details such as fee, eligibility, and links for form submission will be updated with the release of official notification.
- KCET 2021 will be conducted in offline mode.
- There will be no other mode of form submission other than the online mode.
KCET 2021 Admit Card
The candidate has successfully registered for KCET 2021 exam would be able to download admit card. They can download Karnataka CET 2021 Admit Card through online mode at the official website.
Following we have given steps to download KCET Hall Ticket 2021:
Step 1: The candidate needs to visit the official website of Karnataka CET. Then they have to click on the KCET admit card 2021 download link
Step 2: Candidate can log-in through their KCET 2021 application number and Date of Birth. The admit card will be displayed on the screen
Step 3: Verify all the details mention in your Admit Card and take print out for future references.