Colombia vs England is the last match of Round of 16 knockout before Quarter-finals. England being the favorite, Colombia surely need to dominate the possession. Tournament top scorer Harry Kane has 5 goals to his name so far leading in Golden boot race. English team start the tournament with a win against Tunisia and Panama (6-0). But, a defeat by Belgium put them in 2nd place of Group. Some loop holes to England team were seen in that match which Los Cafeteros have to take advantage of. Whereas Colombia has to face loss in the very first match by Japan, which is now out of World Cup losing to Belgium. But, he manage to top in the Group by winning against Poland (3-0) and Senegal.
In 2014, Colombia reached the last 8, so they have to repeat the history with their old mindset. The yesterday match Belgium vs Japan was a real encounter ending in 3-2 Belgium win. The match was tie (2-2) to the last moment but, Nacer Chadli, Belgian winger hit the goal in injury time succeeding the Belgium to last 8.
Match No 56: Colombia vs England, 3 July, 23:30
Venue: Spartak Stadium, Moscow
Colombia (Possible starting XI): David Ospina(Gk), Yerry Mina, Santiago Arias, Davinson Sanchez, Johan Mojica, Carlos Sanchez, Juan Quintero, Mateus Uribe, Juan Cuadrado, Luis Muriel, Falcao(c)
England (Possible starting XI): Jordan Pickford(Gk), Kyle Walker, John Stones, Harry Maguire; Kieran Trippier, Dele, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Ashley Young, Raheem Sterling, Harry Kane(c)
What they say:
“Most of the players are at the peak of their career. We have so much experience and it can make the difference in important moments like the last 16 of a World Cup.”-Eden Hazard, Belgian midfielder.
Broadcasting: For TV: Sony Ten 2 and Sony Ten 2 HD (in English), Sony Ten 3 and Sony Ten 3 HD (in Hndi). Live streaming for the web at Sonyliv.com
England has got 42% winning chance, Colombia is provided with 27% while 31% says match will be ended draw. It will be a young captain (Kane) vs an experienced one (Falcao). An eye on 1998 tournament in France, both teams fought really hard but, Three Lions capture the moment winning by 2-0.